Hello, everyone! Finally I’m back with a post after a week of hiatus. I’m actually in Jamaica at the moment, so yay me! What a beautiful place, with nice people, great food and loads of sun. At this moment, I’ll be staying in Jamaica for an indefinite period of time, so follow me on Twitter and Instagram to find out what I’m up to, and where I’m heading next. My life has been a great adventure so far, and I’m so thankful for all these opportunities to travel to different countries.
Anyways, since today was a really great day, I wanted to do a quick tutorial. However, since I’ve been living out of my luggage, I couldn’t find my palettes (all buried underneath my clothes probably). The few palettes that were on my sight were the Naked (1, 2, 3, and basic). Obviously, I’ve to pick the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette for today’s makeup.
My original Rose Smoky Eyes post have received 4,000++ repins on Pinterest and I’m so thankful for that! However, upon looking back at the tutorial, I wasn’t too thrilled with the result. So, I wanted to re-do that post in a slightly different manner. This Rosy eye makeup can be worn as a day makeup, or night makeup. It’s one of those looks that goes really well for anytime!
Please note that all the pictures below are taken using natural daylight, thus might look different than my usual pictures.
1. I prepped my eyelid using UD Primer Potion (original).
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Buzz from UD Naked 3 all over my eyelid.
3. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied Nooner from UD Naked 3 on the crease.
4. I applied Blackheart from UD Naked 3 on the crease and outer V using a small shader brush.
5. I blended Blackheart using a clean crease bullet brush.
6. I applied Blackheart on the lower lid using a small shader brush.
7. I lined my upper lash line using Kate Kanebo Super Sharp Eyeliner. I also lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. I curled my lashes and applied Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
9. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
10. On my face, I applied Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation using Sigma Round Kabuki brush.
11. I contoured my face using NARS Ita kabuki brush and MAC Blunt powder.
12. On my cheeks, I applied MAC Dainty blush.
13. Finally, on my lips I applied Tarte Lipsurgence in Lively.
For this last picture (above), N actually took it for me outdoor since the sun was setting, and we couldn’t resist to snap a few shots. I decided to add YSL Glossy Stain no. 27 on my lips for the shot. Just ignore my eye bags, I was trying to hold my laughter.
Eyes – Urban Decay Primer Potion; Urban Decay Naked 3 (eyelid: buzz, crease: nooner, outer v: blackheart); Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner; L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner; Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara; Anastasia Brow Wiz.
Face – Urban Decay Naked foundation; MAC Blunt powder; MAC Dainty blush; Tarte Lipsurgence in Lively.
Disclaimer: some of the links provided on this post link back to my other posts. However, the links on Sigma Beauty products are affiliated links, therefore if you click on the link I might be compensated for it. Please note that any sort of compensation that I received from affiliated links will go to the maintenance of this website.