So, yesterday we’ve talked about M.A.C Melon loose pigment. Today, I want to show another of my favorites which is M.A.C Old Gold. If you’ve read my blog way back in 2008, I’ve always talked about M.A.C Duochrome eyeshadows and pigments. I’ve always loved these duochrome products and I think that they don’t get enough credits for their amazingness!
M.A.C Duochrome is basically 1 eyeshadow with 2 colors. For example, M.A.C Old Gold (which I used below) actually is a shade of bronzy gold, with green shimmers. If you apply this dry on your skin, you’ll get a gold shade with orange undertone. However, if you apply this eyeshadow wet OR on top of a dark base, you get the green shimmers to show through instead of the gold.
A few examples of MAC Duochromes are: Club eyeshadow (brown with blue), Stars ‘n Rockets (pink with purple), Blue Brown pigments (brown with blue), Reflect Transparent Teal (clear glitter with teal) etc. You get the idea
So for this look, I wanted to show the easiest and fastest way to use this duochrome. So fun, and easy!
1. I applied L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner all over the lid, and blended the crease using a fluffy blending brush. You can use whatever dark base you want, whichever works for you.
2. Using a damped synthetic art brush, I mixed M.A.C Old Gold pigment on the back of my hand, and then applied it all over the lid.
3. Using a small fluffy brush, I applied MAC Old Gold pigment slightly above my crease. I applied this pigment dry.
4. Using a clean UD Fluffy brush, I blended the crease to remove any harsh edge.
5. I lined my waterline and lower lid using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner. Using a clean pencil brush, I smudged the eyeliner.
6. Using a damped angled eyebrow brush, I once again mixed Old Gold at the back of my hand. I, then, applied it on top of the smudged liner.
7. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Martini from Sleek Makeup iDivine Snapshot palette on the inner corner of the eye.
8. I created a winged or cat-eye liner using Kate Super Sharp eyeliner.
9. I filled my brows using MUFE Aqua Gel Brow.
10. I curled my lashes and applied Maybelline Express Volume mascara.
11. For added drama, I applied Quo false lashes.
12. I applied MUFE HD Foundation all over my face using a foundation brush.
13. I applied Benefit Hervana on my cheeks, and contoured my face using MAC Studio Tech NW 55.
14. For the lips, I applied Chanel Confidentielle lipstick to complete the look.